Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: SugaThomp!
SugaThomp! 16 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Every Other WEdnesday 2-4pm EST 7-9pm GMT

Jusme

Armed with a passion for breakbeat the size of a small planet, and a lorry load of inspiration from the house of Finger Lickin' I made it my mission to unravel the secrets of the brokenness so I too could lay down this pristine sound and make the grade as a DJ.

After swapping my much loved trials motorbike for a set of Technics I got to work. After around a year of swearing allegiance to all things boom tish and my new wheelz, I founded and held residency at a new night "Random Audio" at Three Fat Fish in Exeter and was soon thereafter asked to join the Random Audio Records family as one of their DJs.

Since then Ive guested on various Nuskoolbreaks.co.uk radio shows, and have been rocking out dancefloors all over the south west of UK, where Ive been lucky to recieve enormous support from the local crews and groovers.

You can regularly catch me DJn at the prestigious underground "Gobbstopper" night @ Café Mamba in Taunton where Ive been on bills alongside the likes of Ben & Lex, Darftphunk and Janette Slack....

SugaThomp!

Andormeda and I have known each other for around 10 years. I have massive respect for this lady's skillz. I used to go to hear her spin years ago in the late 90s when we were both party mad house monsters. Life being what it is though, we both settled down with our families and bizzarrely lost touch for a few years, but thankfully found each other again at a breaks night this year which was when SugaThomp! was born!

HAL_9000
Junior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
"It can only be attributable to human error."

Re: SugaThomp! 16 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Andromeda

Is half Greek, grew up in Athens, and began djing there.
During Art School in Britain, she followed the dance music scene avidly, and it was no surprise when the music took over from the art.She has been Djing since 1991, though it has become all-consuming in the last 10 years. Always striving to be different, she found her niche in the early days of Breaks, which have remained her most favourite genre of music.

After experimenting with a live sound with a percussionist and a scratch DJ in the late 90s, she hooked up with music producer Dan Cahill and they formed Distraction /Diver sion. Studio time continues, with future collaborations with Ben Oakley under the guise RAW BALANCE, and an up and coming solo project.

She ran Subsonic in Taunton, between 2000-2003, and also ran Electric Beats in Tiverton.
Her Djing has taken her to Glastonbury festival and to far away places such as Berlin and Bulgaria, and over the years she has had the pleasure of playing alongside some of the best Breaks Djs in the scene.

She is a resident for Exeter’s Beatz & Bobz night, run by Functional label honcho Biff, and does music reviews for The Exeter List, a monthly magazine.

www.myspace.com/djandromeda

HAL_9000
Junior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
"It can only be attributable to human error."

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx